Guidelines for Off the Shelf
Queen St Studio presents Off the Shelf, an opportunity for writers and directors to hothouse a project which is in the early stages of development.
Off the Shelf aims to focus the skills of theatre practitioners on a project of their choice, whilst strengthening relationships between emerging writers and directors. This is a unique opportunity to explore a project which may have been “shelved”, or may even be in seed stage and needs a little bit of time and space to get to the next stage.
We are looking for teams (writer and directors) who:
• Have an unproduced script which is 15 minutes or less
Have a synopsis/treatment for a script, from which they can produce a first draft by March 13th 2009.
• Are interested in working together in a nurturing and collaborative environment to produce a script which will be performed in a studio showing at Queen St Studios
• Can write to specifications whilst being mindful of the production challenges outlined below
• Would like to test an idea or concept in front of an audience scheduled for 22nd May 2009
We will provide
• 15 hours of rehearsal space (starting the 11th April 2009 primarily on weekends)
• Dramaturgy (upon request)
• Opportunity to show your work in front of industry professionals and an invited audience for feedback
• Simple light and sound equipment
• A photographer for promotional photos and archival materials
• Networking opportunities
• Publicity and promotional support including a meet and greet.
• Provide a first draft of your script (or if supplying a synopsis on application, a first draft by March 20th 2009)
• Be available to attend meetings and scheduled rehearsals
• Be willing to re-draft and refine your script over a four-week period if required
• Stage a showing of the work: whether it be a reading, a moved reading, or a performance, within the technical and practical limitations of the project.
How to apply:
If you would like to lodge an expression of interest to participate in this project please fill in the attached form 5pm 20th March 2009.. Please note each project must have a writer and a director.
If you would like further clarification or information about this project, please contact Augusta Supple. All successful applicants will be notified by email on 31st March 2009
For more information about Queen St Studio please refer to the website: www.queenstreetstudio.com